Niwot is fortunate to be an independent community of diverse resources. Many of these active, valuable organizations are staffed by volunteers and welcome your participation and support.
Niwot Community Association (NCA)
We sponsor Niwot Clean Up Day, Niwot's 4th of July Parade, work with Boulder County on Open Space Projects on Trails and at Monarch Park and many community projects.
Niwot Cultural Arts Association (NCAA)
P.O. Box 610
Niwot, CO 80544
The Charitable Purpose of the corporation is to provide support, encouragement and funding for cultural arts and all mediums of artistic expression in the Niwot area, including but not limited to, performance art, painting, sculpture, weaving, quilting, music, dance, movement, drama, oral interpretation, storytelling, oral expression, creative writing, local cultural history, Native American cultural history, and western American cultural history.
Activities sponsored and supported by the NCAA include:
- 1st Friday Art Walks
- Restoration and preservation of the railroad caboose in Whistle Stop Park and the addition of a railroad signal in the park.
- A new Children's Park in downtown Niwot.
- The creation and development of Sculpture Park on the south side of Niwot Rd. and east of 79th Street.
- Active participation in the Local Improvement District (LID).
The Niwot Business Local Improvement District (LID)
The LID is a special district created by the Boulder County Commissioners in 1993, which collects a 1% sales tax within Old Town Niwot and Cottonwood Square Shopping Center for the purpose of public improvements within the district. For more information see the LID home page and get a Project Funding Request Form
The Left Hand Valley Courier
“That Great Little Newspaper with news that is All Local All The Time!”
The Left Hand Valley Courier has been the local and free news source for the past 16 years. It is published monthly by a group of contributor/owners from Niwot and Gunbarrel with help from many independent writers, sales staff, graphic designers and delivery personnel. 10,500 copies of the Courier are distributed free of charge to households and businesses in Niwot, Gunbarrel, Lake Valley, Prospect and parts of S. Longmont. Operating revenues are generated exclusively from our advertisers and we encourage our readers to support those businesses that make the paper possible. The Courier strives to be accurate and objective while maintaining a healthy sense of humor.
While the paper is delivered in the distribution territory for free, subscriptions by mail are available for $25 per year. Please send your subscription request to LHVC, P.O. Box 652, Niwot, CO 80544. If you'd like to advertise in the paper, please call 303-651-7318. You can visit the website at: lhvc.com.
The Left Hand Valley Courier sponsors a local fundraiser Duck Race on Nostalgia Day in Niwot each year, featuring prizes from local businesses. In 2012 the proceeds will go to the new Niwot Children's Park.
Sign up for your duck at Rock N Rails and other local events, at the Law firm of Warren, Carleson & Moore, and at Osmosis Art & Architecture. Or adopt your Duck online here.
Niwot Historical Society
The Niwot Historical Society (NHS) preserves, collects, and protects the history of Niwot, the surrounding area, and Chief Niwot, through the preservation of artifacts, documents, and photographs relating to their history. The NHS encourages the conservation of these resources through publications, programs, walking tours, and participation in town celebrations. Join us to help preserve our heritage for future generations!
For membership and/or sponsorship information, contact Laura Skaggs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-682-0468.
Niwot Senior Advisory Council
6790 N. 79th St (79th St. & Niwot Rd. - just south of Niwot Market)
If you or someone you love is an older adult, the Niwot Senior Advisory Council is here to help.
We are a group of Niwot Citizens who volunteer our time to seek out and support seniors living in our community. Our monthly coffees are free and open to newcomers and long-time residents.
Every 4th Wednesday of the month (except November and December), we gather to make new friends renew old friendships, and host knowledgable speakers on a variety of subjects.
Coffees are held at our Eagle Place Meeting Room, 6790 N. 79th St, in Cottonwood Square, just south of Niwot Market, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
For more information -
Rotary Club of Niwot
PO Box 20
Niwot, CO 80544
The Rotary Club of Niwot subscribes to and follows the main tenets of Rotary International. As a small club currently operating under provisional status and with guidance from Rotary Clubs in Boulder and Longmont and RI District 5450, we are developing our focus of service. It starts with the Avenues of Service espoused by Rotary International and tempered by size and a realistic assessment of our abilities to commit to and perform service. For a small cub, we have really done a lot already. Those achievements can be seen on our Service Projects page.
The 4 areas of service are:
- Club Service (club administrative positions and roles),
- Community Service (community projects focused on Niwot and the adjacent surrounds)
- Vocational/Educational Service (local schools, education, and leadership training)
- International Service (supporting an array of Rotary and cooperative projects to improve health, water, safety and living standards in underdeveloped areas)
Left Hand Grange No. 9
PO box 301, Niwot, CO 80544
The Grange movement has its roots in the agricultural tradition and lifestyle of this country, and is our oldest national agricultural organization. With the decline in family farming, however, in many areas the Grange has evolved into a community service organization, including non-farm rural families and communities. The Grange still retains and fosters many of the same values and principles associated with the agrarian spirit. The Grange seeks to strengthen communities and the country by developing leadership and promoting community cooperation, personal betterment and self-reliance.
- Police—Boulder County Sheriff Non-Emergency Dispatch 303-441-4444
- Police—C.S.P. Communications Center & Dispatch 303-239-4501
- Emergency—Police and Fire 911
- Police—Boulder County Sheriff Records + General Information 303-441-3600
- Police—Colorado State Patrol Headquarters (24 Hours) 303-239-4501
- Police—C.S.P. 8AM to 5PM – Monday thru Friday 303-239-4500
- Fire—Mountain View Fire Protection District Information 303-772-0710
- Hospital—Centura, Avista (Louisville) 303-673-1000
- Hospital—Boulder Community 303-440-2273
- Hospital—Exempla Good Samaritan Hospital (Lafayette) 303-689-4000
- Hospital—Longmont United 303-651-5111
- AAA Advanced Air Ambulance 800-633-3590
- Liberty Bell (phone & cable) 866-664-2355
- Comcast (phone & cable) 303-930-2000
- Qwest Communications (phone)Main 800-603-6000
- Boulder County 800-244-1111
- Left Hand Water District 303-530-4200
- Xcel Energy (gas & electricity) 800-895-4999
- Niwot Sanitation District 303-652-2525
- Western Disposal 303-444-2037
- Recycling—Drop-off bins in Niwot on 79th Street, near Hwy. 52 000-000-0000
- Recycling—Eco-cycle centers in Boulder 303-444-6634
- Post Office—Niwot 303-652-2309
- Post Office—Others 800-275-8777
- Longmont Humane Society 303-772-1232
- Boulder Valley Humane Society 303-442-4030
- Public Transportation—RTD Boulder & Longmont 303-299-6000
- Public Transportation—Special Transit 303-447-9636
- Boulder County Aging Services—Community Care Coordinator 303-652-3850
- Left Hand Grange Rental Information 303-652-2749
- Driver’s License Bureau—Boulder 303-413-7710
- Driver’s License Bureau—Longmont 303-776-4073
- Motor Vehicle Division—Boulder County 303-413-7710
- Road Conditions—Boulder/Denver 303-639-1111
- AAA Colorado—Boulder 303-753-8800
- AAA Road Service—Boulder/Denver (Toll-free) 800-283-5222
- AAA Road Service—Boulder/Denver (Local) 303-753-8888
Libraries, Newspapers & Publications
- Library—Boulder 303-441-3100
- Library—Lafayette 303-665-5200
- Library—Longmont 303-651-8470
- Newspaper—Left Hand Valley Courier (Niwot) 303-845-3077
- Newspaper—Boulder Daily Camera 303-442-1202
- Newspaper—Longmont Daily Times-Call 303-776-2244
- Newspaper—Denver Newspapers 303-825-2525
- Publication—Boulder Magazine + Boulder County Home & Garden 303-443-0600
- Publication—Longmont Magazine 303-776-2244
- Niwot Elementary School (K-5) 303-652-2828
- Niwot Community Preschool (at Niwot Elementary School) 303-652-2589
- Niwot Community School 303-652-2452
- Niwot High School (9-12) 303-652-2550
- Neighborhood Learning Center of Niwot 303-652-0190
- Altona Middle School (6-12) Longmont 720-494-3980
- Eagle Crest Elementary School (K-5) Longmont 303-485-6073
- Shepherd Valley Waldorf School 303-652-0130
- Rocky Mountain Christian Academy (K-8) 303-652-9162
- Silver Creek High School (6-12) Longmont 720-494-3721
- Sunset Middle School (6-8) Longmont 303-776-3963
- Alexander Dawson School (Independent Prep School) 303-665-6679
- Front Range Community College 303-678-3722
- Colorado State University 970-491-1101
- University of Colorado 303-492-2411
- University of Northern Colorado 970-351-2007
- Niwot Youth Sports (Baseball/Girls’ Softball/Basketball/Volleyball) 303-652-3216
- St. Vrain Youth Soccer Association 303-651-3109
- Rec Center—Boulder 303-441-4400
- Rec Center—Lafayette 303-665-0468
- Rec Center—Louisville 303-666-7400
- Rec Center—Longmont 303-774-4800
- Golf Course—Haystack Golf Course (Niwot Road) 303-530-1400
- Golf Course—Lake Valley Golf Course 303-444-2114
- Golf Course—Boulder Country Club (Gunbarrel) 303-530-4600
- Golf Course—Longmont Municipal: Sunset 303-651-8466
- Golf Course—Longmont Municipal: Twin Peaks 303-651-8401
- Golf Course—Longmont Municipal: Ute Creek 303-774-4342
- Golf Course—Fox Hill Country Club (Longmont) 303-772-1061
- Golf Course—Flatirons Golf Course (Boulder) 303-442-7851
- Golf Course—Indian Peaks Golf Course (Lafayette) 303-666-4706
- Boulder Creek Winery 303-516-9031
- Celestial Seasonings Tea 303-581-1202
- Fair Winds Balloon Rides 303-939-9323
- Gateway Park Fun Center 303-442-4386
- Leanin’ Tree Western Art Museum 800-525-0656
- Mile High Glider Flights 303-527-1122
- Shelby American Collection (Shelby Racing Cars) 303-516-9565
Clubs & Organizations
- Boy Scout Troop 161 and Cub Scouts 303-447-1477
- Girl Scouts and Brownies 303-778-8774
- 4-H Programs—Animal and Home Arts Activities 303-678-6238
- Left Hand Grange 303-444-4640
- The Rotary Club of Niwot email